New account: Cannot login into Remotly

Tymorafarr

Hi,

I created an account for Remotly. Got my email confirmation link that brought me back to the website to login again.
Not sure if the confirmation went through.
Tried to login to Remotly desktop app with the new account. Says Login failed.
The same login credentials can be used to access my account on the website fine.

Any idea how to resolve this?

Stonery

Hi,

I created an account for Remotly. Got my email confirmation link that brought me back to the website to login again.
Not sure if the confirmation went through.
Tried to login to Remotly desktop app with the new account. Says Login failed.
The same login credentials can be used to access my account on the website fine.

Any idea how to resolve this?
I had the same problem, because the password I used in my account was more than 50 characters, I could not log in from the software.

If your account password is longer than 50 characters, please change your account password and try again, when I changed my password to a 50 character password, I was able to log in from the software without any problems.

This problem only happens when logging into the software, you can login to the website without any problems.

Tymorafarr

I had the same problem, because the password I used in my account was more than 50 characters, I could not log in from the software.

If your account password is longer than 50 characters, please change your account password and try again, when I changed my password to a 50 character password, I was able to log in from the software without any problems.

This problem only happens when logging into the software, you can login to the website without any problems.
You are somewhat correct about the password having issues.
I was using 20 characters from a password manager. But it seem like even that was too much.
Reduced to something like 15 and changed everything to fully alphanumeric instead of any symbols.
Boom, I'm in.

Stonery

You are somewhat correct about the password having issues.
I was using 20 characters from a password manager. But it seem like even that was too much.
Reduced to something like 15 and changed everything to fully alphanumeric instead of any symbols.
Boom, I'm in.
I'm glad your problem was solved.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Then you Guys for this info. We will fix it in 1.7.0 soon (1.7.0 should finally include file transfer, 1.6.2 includes clipboard support).
Please make sure to use the latest files from the download section as they have been overwritten by "hot fixes" from Friday until today (Sunday).

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Problem found. It was not the length but two symbols: \ and " that were problematic. This will be fixed in v1.7.0 tomorrow.
Thank you for reporting this!

BTW: The maximum password length that can be set in the admin panel is 64 characters.

Last edited:

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Please be informed that version 1.7.0, which is resolving this problem is now available.