Remotly launches indefinitely

ArcziCross

Hi,
I have installed Remotly on Windows 11 Home remotely via another remote program. I rebooted my 2021 Asus Zephyrus g14 computer started Remotly and the application is stand on loading as the picture shows. I tried unblocking Remotly by allowing the Windows firewall. It didn't help. I keep seeing the loading bar moving. And so I can wait indefinitely.

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu (3).png
    Zrzut ekranu (3).png
    345.4 KB · Views: 5

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Hello ArcziCross,

Does the progress bar at the bottom animate or does it just stand still?

First thing that comes into our mind is that something failed during startup (like microphone/camera device listing etc.).

Last edited:

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Please send us the content of this log file:
C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Mirillis\monflo_log.txt

This will tell us where the startup process has hanged.

This log looks like this:

[MonfloLog]
CP01=APP_CP_COUNT_PROCESS_DONE
CP02=APP_CP_DEBUG_ALLOC_CONSOLE_DONE
CP03=APP_CP_CHECK_LIBS_VER_DONE
CP04=APP_CP_IMPORT_CONFIG_DONE
CP05=APP_CP_ENUM_CPU_FEATURES_DONE
CP06=APP_CP_NEW_ACTION_WINDOW_DONE
CP07=APP_CP_INIT_WINDOW_DONE
CP08=APP_CP_INIT2_WINDOW_DONE
CP09=APP_CP_CREATE_WINDOWS_DONE
CP10=APP_CP_PARSE_CMD_LINE_FNAME_DONE
CP12=APP_CP_CL_DONE
CP13=APP_CP_VIDEO_INITIALIZE_DONE
CP14=APP_CP_DISPLAY_INITIALIZE_DONE
CP15=APP_CP_DISPLAY_SET_PARAMS_DONE
CP16=APP_CP_VIDEO_INITIALIZE_GPU_DONE
CP17=APP_CP_APP_INITIALIZE_DONE
CP18=APP_CP_OPEN_CMD_LINE_FILE_DONE
CP19=APP_CP_DISPLAY_START_COMPOSITOR_DONE
CP20=APP_CP_APP_PLAYLIST_ENGINE_DONE
CP21=APP_CP_APP_FINALIZE1_DONE
CP22=APP_CP_APP_INITIALIZE2_DONE
CP23=>> APP_CP_APP_FINALIZE2_DONE
CP24=<< APP_CP_APP_FINALIZE2_DONE

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Ok it doesn't even reach check point 07 (CP07=APP_CP_INIT_WINDOW_DONE) :/ I will get back to you ASAP.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you ArcziCross for reporting this. We have narrowed potential problem source.

1. Are the files: remotly_wincore.dll, Remotly_x86.bin and Remotly_x64.bin located in the folder where Remotly.exe process exists?
2. If yes then during startup please open task manager and check if the Remotly_x86.bin and Remotly_x64.bin processes are present in the task manager details tab

We are 99% sure that one of the helper processes (Remotly_x86.bin or Remotly_x64.bin) were not loaded properly.

BTW: Remotly is very firewall "safe". It should start without any firewall popup/notifications as it does not bind any specific network ports during normal operation.

ArcziCross

All these files are in the installation folder. In the task manager in the details there is a Remotly_x86.bin file. There is no Remotly_x64.bin

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
We have found the root of this problem. What antivirus is this PC running? Can you right click on the Remotly_x64.bin and scan it with the antivirus installed? Can you check the antivirus if this file was somehow blocked from loading?

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Can you take a look in the crash folder (located inside the folder where Remotly_x86.bin... files are located). Is this crash folder empty?

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
:(
We will send you a private message with a debug version of the Remotly_x64.bin helper process so we can find why it is not starting (or closing just after start)