Vigem installed. USB gamepad not visible at the remote machine

Web Dove

I am running version 1.7.3.0. How do I tell remotly to pass along the local gamepad to the remote machine?

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Web Dove,

Did you have to enter the "Game Mode" for the game pad to start working using ViGEm? I think this is a bug. It should also work in "Desktop mode". We will double check this.

BTW. We are working on our own game pad driver that will replace ViGEm and allow us to faster include any fixes (since the driver needs to be certified by Microsoft and we have a contact there). This driver will be integrated into Remotly installer/portable versions.

Thanks once again for letting us know. We want to fix as many bugs as possible before going out of Beta.

BTW. There is a new v1.8.0 version that includes an important fix for Alt-Tabing full screen exclusive Direct3D 10/11 games (like Apex Legends).
It also includes secure file transfer between PCs and improves clipboard text transfer.

Web Dove

I recall that at first the xbox controller was not controlling the game Carly and the Reaperman. While I was poking around I clicked on the game pad icon and then it seemed to work. It was new to me, and it is possible that I was mistaken.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
We will let you know tomorrow after deeper investigation. We have also found one more strange bug with Forza Horizon 4/5 (this must be somehow related to Windows Store apps). Mouse clicks are not detected in desktop mode in these games. But they work OK in game mode.

Web Dove

This morning after clicking on the select nvidia control panel from the GeForce task bar icon I could no longer use mouse clicks.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
This is a different situation. Is Remotly running with admin rights? For example when Task Manager is running with admin rights and Remotly not the you will lose control as non-admin rights apps cannot send control to admin rights apps. Maybe it's this case?

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
We have found it. The remote gamepad is not send in "Desktop mode" (gamepad icon not visible, arrow icon visible) when the window with streamed video is NOT focused/active. So, when you click on the video area and make it active it will work but after clicking outside this window it will not work. In "Game mode" (gamepad icon visible) this window is always active as the mouse cursor is captured by it.

This will be fixed soon in v1.8.1 (possibly later today).

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
The fix is ready but we still need to pass it through QA. We will release it tomorrow. We have also fixed mouse clicks not working in "Desktop mode" for some games that are running in windowed or borderless full screen mode (but it is still highly recommended to enter Game mode in this case).

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
From version 1.8.1 the window with streamed video (client side) does not need to be focused to process gamepad input and send it to the server.