Alternative Method for Authorize New Device

hhspiny

I really like the "require device authorization" at per host level.

however, it does bring a problem. say if I am away, and need to access a host from a new computer, there will be no way for me to authorize the new device via dialog box popped on host's screen. Need an alternative way of authorizing new device. such as via email, mobile app, etc.

I have seen other software to allow each host to set its unique password (not the numbers generated automatically that is impossible to remember), one can authorize new device by providing this password.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Hi hhspiny,

From version 1.15.0 this can be done using mobile Android Remotly app.

1. Install the app.
2. Login using the same credentials as on PC
3. Having physical access to the server connect and add the mobile device to trusted list
4. Next time after connecting remotely using a different device use the mobile app to grant access or add new device to trusted list (no need to have physical access this time).

hhspiny

one thought ....
An authorization request is sent to mobile App for approval -- similar to authenticator app -- if there is a mobile client already authorized. or designate a mobile client as the authenticator.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
one thought ....
An authorization request is sent to mobile App for approval -- similar to authenticator app -- if there is a mobile client already authorized. or designate a mobile client as the authenticator.

Added to v2.0 TODO list.