Direct Connection using IP

arthuramd

Hello guys,

I'm was thinks and wanna know if is possible do a P2P connection using WAN IP instead of ID

Is there some way to do a direct connection p2p using my device External WAN IP ?

I tried insert the numbers on the ID box but this puts Connect button blocked.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Hi arthuramd,

Do you see the connect button blocked/grayed out after entering 11 digit ID?
The whole system is very complicated and the WAN IP is in fact used to establish the P2P connection (but this is hidden from the user).
Maybe we could add an alternative to the connection ID so that if the user could enter the real WAN IP it could be used.
But the Connection ID is more robust as it still works when the WAN IP of the server changes.

For now you should be able to connect to any server using P2P and Connection ID.

And please make sure to enter the Connection ID WITHOUT SPACES!

arthuramd

Hi,
In fact insering the ID currently works for a p2p connection , and i understand on behind the scenes , the ID on a P2P connection work almost a DNS , will be greateful if u guys insert an option to enable connection using the direct WAN IP besides the ID , this gonna be a greatefull feature

I was thinking , if some day the Mirillis servers goes down , ou temporaly unavaible for generate a ID , i'm goona be stuck on my remote access , even though on a LAN connection or a WAN if correctly ports forwards

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
"I was thinking , if some day the Mirillis servers goes down , ou temporaly unavaible for generate a ID , i'm goona be stuck on my remote access , even though on a LAN connection or a WAN if correctly ports forwards"

This is a very important note. We will try to address this with a "backup" method for direct (non-cloud) connections.