Remotly causes tab crashes in Firefox and PS3 emulator

Stardisk

Hi.
If I connect to remote PC using Remotly, it starts working unstable. Firefox tabs randomly crash, and some games in RPCS3 (PS3 emulator) can freeze.
These problems don't appear without active Remotly connection.
I think that Remotly videocapture conflicts with the driver of videoadapter on remote PC.

I've tried to disable hardware accelerated video decoding - it partially helped with Firefox crashes, but games are still get frozen at random intervals (from 10 sec to 15 min).

Any ideas?

Here I attached dxdiag outputs - maybe it will help to detect the problem.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    139.4 KB · Views: 1

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Stardisk,

Can you please create a file named "exclude.txt" (in the same folder where Remotly.exe is) and add the exe names of the processes that you are seeing these issues like this:

firefox.exe
ps3emulator.exe (exact name of the RPCS3 exe)

Please let us know if this helps. And if it does we will add these exe names to the built-in exclude list.

[UPDATE] If there are some other processes that Firefox creates please also add them to the exlude.txt file (since firefox.exe is already in the built-in exclude list and should not cause any issues)

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
I cannot reproduce the problem with firefox.exe :( Maybe it is indeed a driver problem?

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
One more idea. Can you try the same test running Remotly with and without administrator rights?

Stardisk

Hi! Sorry for delaying. I have tried all your recommendations, but:
Can you please create a file named "exclude.txt"
I've created this file in the same directory where remotly.exe located and added two lines:
firefox.exe
rpcs3.exe
And nothing changed.

Is it an Insider program Windows?
No, it is just Windows 11 Home Edition.

Can you try the same test running Remotly with and without administrator rights?
I used to use Remotly without administrative rights, so now I launch Remotly with administrative rights. Also nothing changed.

Today I've updated Remotly to 1.10.0.0 and again applied all your recommendations. Still nothing changes.

Also I've tried "Compatibility mode", but it makes the things worse.

By the way Firefox seems to get freeze more often when it is maximized. When it gets freeze on youtube tab, the sounds keep playing.
RPCS3 may get freeze on some games.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
We are trying to reproduce the problem with firefox. Since the firefox.exe process is already on the exclude list Remotly does not directly interact with it. So the problem must be somewhere deeper in the operating system or GPU drivers.

Can you please paste your exact PC specification (CPU, GPU...)

Thanks,
Paul from Mirillis

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Also if the problem happens without admin rights then only system provided functionality is used (no magic like with admin rights).

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
One more idea. Can you connect without audio? (there is a speaker located in the bottom right part of the UI).

Desktop 3-6-2023 10-04-23 PM-618.png

If this will still happen then we will know that the problem is not related with audio capture/encoding/streaming.

Stardisk

Can you please paste your exact PC specification (CPU, GPU...)
Intel i9-11900K, NVIDIA RTX3080Ti, 32 GB RAM. I've attached DxDiag and MsInfo32 outputs for further information about my PC.

Can you connect without audio? (there is a speaker located in the bottom right part of the UI).
Well, I tried it, and it works! Firefox and PS3 emulator work correctly while microphone on the remote machine is OFF.
When I tried to on the microphone, everything starts freezing.
Remote machine has Audio-technica ATGM1-USB microphone.

Attachments

• msinfo32.zip
    116.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    134.6 KB · Views: 0

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Great news! Thank you. Now we can dig deeper why this microphone is causing problems.