weak signal

2k6

I have been using this program for over half a year. At first everything worked very well. However, after recent updates, "weak signal" is becoming more common. I have a good internet connection in both places and nothing was changed while using the program. At first, the "weak signal" appeared rarely and only for a second. Now it appears every few seconds and lasts much longer, up to 30 seconds. Is it possible that recent updates cause such problems?
I use other remote connection programs and none of them have connection problems, for example anydesk

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Hi 2k6,

Welcome to our forum. Please let us know if you are connecting using a direct connection or you see the "connect anywhere" icon on the PC client or on the server after connecting.

If you are connecting from another computer please look at the title bar after connection and check if there is a small "server icon". Please press it if it is visible. This window will show the location of the relay server that is used for this connection. If it is far away from you please enter the general settings and from the list of preferred servers select the one which is closest to you (first two letters make the country code).

2k6

Hello, I did "force connect anyware" and then server location PL-WAW-2 because I'm from Poland and the problem was solved :) Thank you for your help
The only problem is connect anyware transfer drops very quickly in this case :(

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
We need to understand why Direct Connection does not work OK for you. Can you let us know what is the bitrate set for you connections?

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, I did "force connect anyware" and then server location PL-WAW-2 because I'm from Poland and the problem was solved :) Thank you for your help
The only problem is connect anyware transfer drops very quickly in this case :(
Are you using game mode during connection?

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
16,53 mbps is very very high for outside connections using P2P. Can you try lowering it to 6Mbps connect again using P2P/Direct and let us know if this improves signal quality.

Please note that after connecting using Connect Anywhere the maximum bitrate using public Remotly servers is 10Mbps.

2k6

I changed it to 6 mbps, turned off force connect anywhere, unfortunately the weak signal problem returned....

ChaseCramer

I have same problem. 6 mbps, P2P, 720p 20fps - 10-20 seconds good connection, then freeze about 15-20 seconds, then repeat.

2k6

Do you have a solution to this problem? After disabling force connect anywhere I can't use remotly. Connect anywhare transfer ends in one day