2nd monitor?

KaiUno

On version 1.24.0.0, with the virtual display.

It works, but how do I open a 2nd screen? I can switch between screens, but I don't see a way to work on 2 screens. Am I missing something?

The PC I'm sharing is a hyper-v virtual machine with a Tesla P4. The P4 is directly connected to the vm, not using GPU-P.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Hi KauUno and thank you for this important question. If I understand correctly you want to have a 2 monitor remote setup on hyper-v and remotely connect to it using 2 physical displays?

If this is the case then currently in v1.x it can be done like this:
1. Create virtual display on hyper-v (I think this is already working on your side)
2. Start 2nd Remotly instance on hyper-v (if for example my first hyper-v instance is visible as MSI/MSI the 2nd will be visible as MSI/MSI_2 in the remote device list)
3. On the client side start 2nd Remotly instance
4. From the first instance connect to the 1st instance (in my case MSI/MSI) from the second to 2nd (in my case MSI/MSI_2)
5. Select 1st remote hyper-v display on the 1 client instance and 2nd on the 2nd)
6. Now you have access to two remote displays on hyper-v at the same time

In v2.x around December this will be done much easier and more efficient running in a single Remotly instance on both sides (ability to connect to up to 8 remote hosts at the same time and ability to connect to one host by up to 4 clients)

KaiUno

Ah, thanks for the clarification! Wasn't aware I needed multiple instances for multiple screens.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
It's pretty complex at the moment. But we will make it user friendly and more efficient soon.