Can connect from desktop to laptop; But, cannot do the opposite.

user366312

Hello.

I have a Win11 desktop PC and a Win10 laptop.

Both are running Remotely. Both are connected to the WiFi.

I can connect from the desktop to the laptop.

However, I cannot connect from the laptop to the desktop.

What could be the issue?

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Can you provide some more details:
1. Is the the same local WiFi network for both desktop and laptop?
2. What is the error when the connection fails? (by default the connection is first done using P2P and later using Connect Anywhere cloud, when both fail there should be some message with a specific error)
3. Are both desktop and laptop Remotly instances logged to the same Remotly account or is one of them not logged and you are using Connection ID to connect?

user366312

1. Is the the same local WiFi network for both desktop and laptop?
Two different WiFi networks.
2. What is the error when the connection fails? (by default the connection is first done using P2P and later using Connect Anywhere cloud, when both fail there should be some message with a specific error)
No error message. The software shows that it was trying. Then, its just stops trying and goes back to the main window of Remotely.
3. Are both desktop and laptop Remotly instances logged to the same Remotly account or is one of them not logged and you are using Connection ID to connect?
Same Remotely account.
Both applications running in both computers wre logged in.
I see that the both devices are visible online.
1727809377133.png

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the details! I think I know what's going on. If there is no error message on the connecting (client) side than I'm almost sure the problem is with RemotlyClient.bin (client app for PC). Can you please check if this process RemotlyClient.bin is visible in task manager during the connection process on the laptop. If it is visible and soon disappears from task manager it means something is not working there.

Can you please let me know what GPU is present on the client side (laptop).

user366312

I have Intel HD Graphics 4000 in my laptop, no GPU.
I have a GPU in my remote desktop.
Although in the following screenshot the message says "connected," it actually flactuates between "connected" and "ready to connect" before failing:

EDIT: Removed attached graphics

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
HD Graphics 4000 is pretty old (in fact it is a super slow iGPU). Remotly Client is "suspended" so I'm almost certain it hung during start. Can you please let me know what hardware accelerator is selected in Remotly Settings->Video "Hardware acceleration (encoding)" on the desktop computer you are connecting to? If it's HEVC than please change it to H264 and try to connect.
Also it would be great to know from what date are HD Graphics 4000 drivers (i assume they are very old).
We had a similar problem and updating drivers helped.

EDIT: There is a "Windows Problem Reporting" running so 100% the RemotlyClient.bin app hangs at startup/connection.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
I have removed attached screenshot because there was a Connection ID visible in the recent connections list... Please make sure to reset your Connection ID or disable "Allow connections via ID".