Can't connect to windows login screen after reboot before any user logging in.

hhspiny

Before 1.24 (or 1.23?), as computer boots to the windows login screen, there was an admin instances (boot process) that allows connection to the login screen.

it seems it is not the case anymore with the new version. at the windows login screen, the admin instance is offline. client not able to connect to the windows login screen.

hhspiny

I think as a collateral damage of above, the UAC dialog asking for admin right does not work anymore after showing "remote control lost administrator rights needed".

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Hi hhspiny, thank you for reporting this. Do you see the admin instance when no users are logged?
This works on my side as it should.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
We must fix this asap as v1.24.1 is almost ready with another batch of performance improvements (Nvidia host/client side and AMD/Intel client side).

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
The "remote control lost administrator rights needed" should be visible only for a non-admin instance when the booter service is not running (that is the admin instance has "start with system" disabled). So basically it should inform that the control is lost and needs to be restored at the host side physically.

hhspiny

as computer boots, no user logs in. the admin instance is offline -- i.e. the booter service is not running. have uninstalled and reinstalled with the same results. let me try again tonight.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Strange. When I'm changing start with windows option from disable to enable the booter service starts and closes. Just like in older versions. Please let me know what happens on your side when doing the same test.

hhspiny

I did a clean installation -- i.e. uninstall -- reboot - install. then de-select "start with windows" and re-select again. it is back to normal. I am guessing the reboot made difference and I remember tried de-select/re-select before without success.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
You were right. There is a situation when the service does not start (no reaction at all on changing "start with windows"). We are investigating this. It's totally random it's difficult to catch. There is no repeatable way to re-create this situation :/

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Can you please run "Event Viewer" (Windows Log->Application) and check if there were errors reported for Remotly. Thank you!