File in use - the action cannot be completed because the file is open in Remotly Client.

spinacz

Often (about twice a day) when connected to remote computer and doing some local file operations on my local computer (move, rename) I get an write error. After closing Remotly connection the write operation can be completed.

In today's situation, before the error occurred, I was copying a completely different file to a different location via Remotly.

File destination path that was copied to local computer via Remotly:
X:\!praca\Legnica2023\przeglady drogi 2023\drogi z polskimi znakami.xlsx

File path blocked by Remotly:

X:\!praca\Legnica2023\przeglady drogi 2023\Tatiana\zrobione\0007W.rtf

I was moving many files at one time but only one was blocked.
I hope this is not a security breach and the Remotly app does not monitor files that the user does not use in it.
!plik_w_uzyciu_remotly.jpg

spinacz

Same error without previous file operations via Remotely.
!plik_w_uzyciu_remotly2.jpg

Try to investigate by myself with Process Explorer from Sysinternals but after some time retrying the write operation was successful.

Last edited:

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
I will forward it to the responsible person ASAP. All files are transferred using end-to-end encryption. First they are encrypted using the AES key used for encrypting the current remote session (audio/video/mouse/keyboard etc.). Next the transfer is done using TLS.

spinacz

The same error occurred on remote computer on file that I have previously copied to local computer and try to delete it from remote computer. Again after a while retrying the delete operation was successful.

Piotr G

The thing is that the last file copied (or files in the last copied folder) is held by Remotly Client because it still can be paste to remote computer. That is why it cannot be moved, deleted or renamed. It is not a security breach, but we are going to change it, so you can manipulate the file after copying it.

spinacz

I think there's a bug because files that have the same name as the copied one are blocked. Waiting forward for update.