No signal problem

Bronies27

Hi, i have Realme 8 with Android 11 on LTE / 2,4/5ghz Wifi and everytime i try to connect to my PC i get ,,no signal" on my phone. What is going on?

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Bronies27,

Do you have the latest Remotly version installed on the PC you are connecting to? If so, please check the "Compatibility mode" in the Settings tab. This will turn on compatibility mode: no hardware video encoding and simplified screen capture engine (only 5fps). Then please connect and let us know if "no signal" is gone. If yes, then we will know the problem is on the PC (drivers etc.)

In the next Android APK update we will add the "Compatibility mode" to the connection settings so it will be easy to verify this situation.
This feature has been requested by technicians who connect to older PCs that may have old drivers installed. This way they should always be able to connect.

Looking forward to your reply.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
In the next update we will add the "Try compatibility mode" button to the "no signal" screen buttons. This will be the best solution.

Bronies27

I tried to run with compatibility but it didn't help. When I try to run it i get information: remotly can't be run in compatibility mode. Waiting for updates ;) till then i using monflo premium

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Bronies,

Please make sure to completely shut down (close) Monflo before you start Remotly. There might be some conflicts between them as they share the same core. Remotly won't run in compatibility mode. We have disabled using compatibility mode as it may cause even more problems.

You could also download the portable version and start it without administrator rights. This way it will use the alternative capture engine for non-admin accounts.

Please let me know if any of this helps since Remotly should work for you just as Monflo does.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Hello again,

I think we don't think about the same "compatibility mode". Please check the screen below:

Desktop 11-8-2022 2-11-58 PM-655.png

This is the "Compatibility mode" I was talking about. Please enable it and try connecting.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Hi again,

But it must work without the compatibility mode as it is not efficient in this mode (takes more CPU and power, lower framerate etc.).
Or did it work after closing Monflo without the compatibility mode?

As for the license transfer please let me know if you can log into your Remotly account with the Monflo user/password?
If yes, then your license should already be transferred (if it is older than 2 months if not, we will need to do it manually).

Bronies27

After i turned on compatibility it started to work. Later i turned off compatibility and now it works without it. Magic 😅. I have only week or two license. Where i need to write?

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Please send me a private message with your Remotly account username (login e-mail). This way we can locate you and modify the features.

We are moving away from e-mail communication. During many years of Action! Screen Recorder development we have learned it's a total mistake. There is no way of finding anything when you have tens of thousands of e-mails with questions, requests etc. :/

Any "non-secret" requests, wishes, bug reports should be posted on the community forum so that other users can see what we are working on or what new features are being added.
"Top-secret" requests must be send using private messages ONLY to "mirillis" admin.
"Non-public" requests can be send using private messages to "mirillis" admin or other moderators.