No system sounds from the remote PC

TANTOS

Hi guys, found out about you from the WAN show, very nice product.
I have a weird issue, maybe you can help me with that.
I've tried to connect to my remote PC from my laptop, and for some reason, I don't receive system sounds from the remote PC. The microphone sound is coming through, though. I've tried with both portable and installable versions. I also tried to connect from the same laptop to a different laptop and another PC, and the sound was coming through both times. In the other PC the sound stops coming through if I change the default audio device from the speakers to the headphones or hdmi monitor. In the PC where the problem occurs, I also have usb headphones attached, but switching the primary sound device to any of the available doesn't result in passing the system sound through remotely. I also tried the anyDesk remote software to check and it passed the sound normally. Maybe you know what the issue might be? Thanks in advance! Windows version of the PC with the issue: 10 Pro 20H2 19042.746

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Hi TANTOS welcome to Remotly forum and sorry for the late reply.

Is there a reason why you are using 10 Pro 20H2 19042.746 (old update)?
It might be difficult to investigate this because we do not have access to this particular Windows version.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
I have verified that the minimal version for the "new" sound capture engine is 19041 (this allows removal of incoming mic sound from the captured system sound to prevent echo from going back to connected user).

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
One more question. Are you changing the system sound device on the host/server DURING the connection?

TANTOS

Hey @mirillis , thank you for the reply.

I'm sticking with the old update on my remote PC because I've been living in a different country for the last couple of years, and there's no one tech-savvy enough left near the PC to install the new Windows. And, if I remember correctly, the update function was disabled for good in the installed distributive, so no simple update option exists.

Hmm, so the sound should work in my version...
I've also tried it with much older Windows 10 version and it worked (can't say the number, but the version is not even visible in the computer -> properies and it looked more like windows 7 properies).

Yes, I'm changing the output device on the remote PC during the connection.