Toggle host log off on disconnect

phelps

If there isn't already a way to do this can we have an option to not force the host to log off when the remote app disconnects?

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Hi phelps and welcome to our forum. Paulina from our team told me that it's not log off but rather lock and privacy/blank mode is used.

Currently for security reasons we have done automatic lock when you disconnect from a remote PC which has the screen blanked (and keyboard /mouse blocked). If it was not done then after disconnect the remote PC would be left visible and not locked (allowing access to the desktop for someone that would have physical access to your remote PC).

We can add such an option but still it's not secure to do so.
Can you explain your use case?

phelps

Sorry for my terminology. I did mean lock and not log off. Am I understanding correctly that if the blank screen option is not used it will not lock the computer after disconnect?

Mostly I just use a software like this to be lazy and control my computer from the couch or control my media PC that is attached to the TV. Disconnecting from the computer then locks it and that is not ideal when I just selected what movie I want to watch. I do not need the blank screen option so if that's all it is I will uncheck that box. I was playing with all the features and toggled that one on and just haven't turned it back off yet since asking this question.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
"Sorry for my terminology. I did mean lock and not log off. Am I understanding correctly that if the blank screen option is not used it will not lock the computer after disconnect?"

No problem :) Yes, if privacy mode (blank) is not used no lock will be done after disconnect. There is a separate option to perform "disconnect and lock".