Video frequent freezes with remotly just running in background, not in remote session

hhspiny

In one of my laptops -- Thinkpad P1, i7-8850H, Nvidia P1000, with Remotly simply running in the background, not in remote session, video play back has frequent fraction-of-second freezing, several times a minute consistently, to the point video is not watchable. It happens for all videos, including online video (Amazon, youtube). The freezing is gone once existing remotly. interestingly, if remote into the same computer there is no freezing in playing video in the remote session.

Turning hardware decoding on/off, hardware encoding on/off does not have any effect.

This does not happen to the other laptop I have.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Does this happen for a non-admin instance running in the background (close Remotly on admin account, enter installation folder and run Remotly.exe will cause Remotly to start in non-admin mode). This would be a useful hint.

hhspiny

reboot, log into normal user account, remotly runs in user account, video freezes for fraction of seconds several times a minute. exit remotly, no freezing, run remotly, freezing. very repeatable.
the strange part. log out from normal user, log into admin user, remotly running, video works fine. log out of admin, log back into the same normal user, video works fine now.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't understand at first that this happens on normal user account and not when runing without admin rights on admin account. We will check again.