Device already connected but not really

Silvares

Hi, I've been trying to connect to my remote PC from my Android phone. At first I was having signal lost issues, then I tried connecting via the connection id. It appeared to work but the screen was all black and then I got a signal lost. Now the device is stuck in Already connected state and I'm not able to connect to it. I currently don't have physical access to the remote PC. How do I resolve this?

Thanks

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Silvares. We are investigating this problem (it has been reported by several users). Are you connecting to the newest server version (1.18.2)?

As an option of "last resort" we are adding "remote reboot" function so it will be possible to remotely reboot a "zombie" server (similar to the "try to wake up" that is already available in the Android app). After enabling "Start with Windows" the PC will be accessible again.

We will also add a watchdog in case a PC gets stuck in connected state (this can happen for example when hardware encoder hangs)

Silvares

I did a server update in May shortly before I left. I do have it setup to start with Windows. It should be on 1.17.5.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Changing password will not help as this logs out all devices and it would probably make this PC "offline".

Do you have auto Windows updates enabled? They restart the PC and this would help in this situation.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Please login to your admin panel and in the "my devices" tab find this PC and check if there is a red "disconnect" button present. If yes, please press it.

Please let me know if you see this button.

Silvares

Hi, I did see the button. I tried pressing it and selecting Yes to end the connection. However, it seems to still stay connected as I refresh and the button still shows up and it still says already connected in the app.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Can you send me the email associated with your Remotly account in a private message?

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Version 1.19.0 includes several enhancements in this area. Also the "force disconnect" red button in admin panel works better.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
These improvements will be also implemented in the Android application by the end of this week. The iOS mobile app is also under development (+ web client which allows connecting from admin panel).