Stuttering picture, if turn off my host PC display

vamp

Hello there,

I found your app now and it seems great alternative to parsec.

I test it with my mobile phone and it work great, if my PC monitor are turn on. But if i turn it of, it also able to connect, but the picture quality mutch worse... It Stuttering, seems low FPS....

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Hi again vamp,

We are super happy you like it! Some GPUs switch the system into a "power saving" mode and disable high performance rendering (this is something introduced since windows 10). Sometimes it happens and sometimes it does not (depends on GPU vendor, drivers etc.). For this situation there is an option in Remotly to disable/blank the monitor during connection (you can find it in connections settings both on PC and Android).
If you have a monitor with active backlight this will make the monitor black and reduce the power consumption to minimum. You can also disable remote keyboard and mouse at the same time so that no one can interrupt you remote session.
The monitor dimming/blanking feature requires admin rights and blanks out ALL connected monitors at the same time. Currently it only works in non-exclusive mode (desktop and games are all blanked out in fullscreen borderless mode).

There are also special HDMI plugs that fake the GPU there is an active monitor connected (they cost around 10USD) and make it work with high performance. This is also some kind of an alternative (but I myself use the blanking feature with keyboard/mouse blocking when playing remotely).

vamp

I see.

The "turning always on" method is not working on me, because if not use remotly it also turn on and it disturb my family.

I know this plugs but i read that it sometimes reduce the performance...

If i know well, Parsec use a special driver to solve this problem... You are mention it one of a post in this forum.

here:

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm. This driver is used when running hyper-v virtual machine. I will need to double check it.

"The "turning always on" method is not working on me, because if not use remotly it also turn on and it disturb my family."

I don't quite understand. Does the blank not work for you? Or the problem is that the screen reappears after disconnect?

We could make it stay blanked even after disconnect (for example until someone presses a key on the keyboard that is connected to this remote computer).

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member

I found this "Monitor RM HDMI Phantom Display Silver".​

It costs 3USD and after pluging into any of the hdmi ports that is not occupied should work like a charm (by making the DisplayPort run normally even after turning off the monitor attached to it).

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
By the way we have found a solution to this problem but it only works on AMD. We run a Hyper-V virtual machine in GPU sharing mode. Then we connect to this VM using Remotly when the monitor is turned off. Complex :/

vamp

@mirillis

Thanks the helps!

I found a workaround :D

My monitor have two input. One Displayport and one HDMI. My VGA are also two output. (DP, HDMI) So now i plug both of them each other, but set in Windows that only use one (DP) Display. (but remotly are see both of them)

Now if i turn off my monitor, the GPU are not "going to sleep" and remotly access are smooth :)

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Wow! Thank you for this amazing workaround. I'm sure this will help other users with the same problem! I'm going to test is myself today.

Thanks vamp!