Black screen pc - laptop

AAAnton1337

Hello
I am trying to connect to my laptop from a pc
When connected, there is a black screen and constantly writes about waiting for a signal
I tried to connect from my phone to my laptop and everything worked
From phone to PC also works
Even from a laptop to a PC it was connected
Other apps similar to Remotly are working fine
Reinstalled the application on PC - black screen, but at the same time I can control the laptop

I hope you can help with the problem

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Anton,

Thank you for reporting this problem. If you are using the installer please close Remotly and open the installation folder. From there please double click Remotly.exe. This will run Remotly without admin rights (if it was installed with admin rights in Program Files folder). Next please connect just like before and let us know if you still see the "no signal" message when the server is running without admin rights.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
We have discussed this problem and it seems not to be related with the laptop to which you are connecting but with the PC where the video is decoded.

Please do the following:
On the laptop (server) in Settings->Video please check what hardware acceleration is selected for encoding. If you see HEVC please change it to AVC (a position on the list with no HEVC). Please connect again.

If this still doesn't help then on the PC from which you are connecting open the installation folder and temporarily rename/move these two files:
- d3d11va_ll_avcdec.dll
- d3d11va_ll_hevcdec.dll
This will force the client to use the old D3D9 (DXVA2) path for video decoding (this was used in old versions including 1.11.4).

AAAnton1337

We have discussed this problem and it seems not to be related with the laptop to which you are connecting but with the PC where the video is decoded.

Please do the following:
On the laptop (server) in Settings->Video please check what hardware acceleration is selected for encoding. If you see HEVC please change it to AVC (a position on the list with no HEVC). Please connect again.

If this still doesn't help then on the PC from which you are connecting open the installation folder and temporarily rename/move these two files:
- d3d11va_ll_avcdec.dll
- d3d11va_ll_hevcdec.dll
This will force the client to use the old D3D9 (DXVA2) path for video decoding (this was used in old versions including 1.11.4).
Nothing helped
Changes with HEVC didn't help
Deleting files from the PC didn't help either

AAAnton1337

I deleted 1.20 and installed 1.11.4 and everything worked as it should
For now, I will leave this version on the PC without updates

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Anton for your help!

Can we send you a debug version (via private message) of the client executable with detailed logs?

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
And also can you let us know on which side did downgrading to 1.11.4 help. Was is the PC the laptop or both?
This information will help us a lot.

vamp

I affect similar problem.

My workaround:

- I start my remote PC with remote deskop protocol (MSTSC), to start remotly (no auto start)
- close the remote desktop (no logoff, only close the session)
- start remotly a other PC
- try to connect but black screen and it say wait to the connection.
- I start google remote desktop (but i think other similar are also work, teamviewer, or anydesk) and same second that i see the picture in google remote desktop, also remotly are get the picture!
- Close google remote desktop and remotly still keep the picture.

Or other idea:

Not possible that you use Displayport and when you try to connect Phone to desktop PC or laptop, you are front of the devices and the monitor are power on? and when you try to connect from notebook to the PC, the PC monitor are disabled? If yes, please try this:

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
I affect similar problem.

My workaround:

- I start my remote PC with remote deskop protocol (MSTSC), to start remotly (no auto start)
- close the remote desktop (no logoff, only close the session)
- start remotly a other PC
- try to connect but black screen and it say wait to the connection.
- I start google remote desktop (but i think other similar are also work, teamviewer, or anydesk) and same second that i see the picture in google remote desktop, also remotly are get the picture!
- Close google remote desktop and remotly still keep the picture.

Or other idea:

Not possible that you use Displayport and when you try to connect Phone to desktop PC or laptop, you are front of the devices and the monitor are power on? and when you try to connect from notebook to the PC, the PC monitor are disabled? If yes, please try this:

Hi vamp,

I don't think it's this problem since rolling back to 1.11.4 helped Anton. Also Anton mentioned that he can connect to this PC (laptop) using Remotly on mobile device. This problem is with the client after we have moved to D3D11 video decoding (D3D11VA). We had to make this change as Intel dropped support for D3D9 video decoding (DXVA2) and users complained that they have high CPU usage during video decoding (software was used instead of hardware). After moving to D3D11VA everything (well looks like almost everything) started to work perfectly.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Only on PC
I haven't changed anything on the laptop and it's still 1.20
Ok, so now we are sure it's a problem with the new client app (after switching to D3D11 for rendering and decoding).
It would be awesome if you could do one more test:
- Install 1.12.0 on the problematic PC and connect to laptop (1.12.0) but with the video encoding acceleration set to Disabled or some other that has no HEVC in name. It is crucial to make this change ON THE SERVER (not in client app).

And it would help a lot if you could send us log from dxdiag.exe so we could see what GPUs are installed and their properties.

AAAnton1337

Ok, so now we are sure it's a problem with the new client app (after switching to D3D11 for rendering and decoding).
It would be awesome if you could do one more test:
- Install 1.12.0 on the problematic PC and connect to laptop (1.12.0) but with the video encoding acceleration set to Disabled or some other that has no HEVC in name. It is crucial to make this change ON THE SERVER (not in client app).

And it would help a lot if you could send us log from dxdiag.exe so we could see what GPUs are installed and their properties.
Installed 1.12, configured on a laptop, launched - the same problem
Here is the file from dxdiag on PC

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    66.7 KB · Views: 1

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Anton,

Thank you for the log. Is the ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics the only GPU in this PC?
I understand that you see the UI controls on the caption bar of the client window (only video is black)?

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Hi again,

ATI Radeon 3000 does not fully support Direct3D 11. The new client introduced in 1.12.0 uses NV12 textures and they are not supported on this GPU in your PC. That is why using 1.11.4 works (the old Direct3D 9 base client is fully compatible with this GPU).
We will try to make some improvements but for the time being please use 1.11.4 on this particular PC.

AAAnton1337

Hi Anton,

Thank you for the log. Is the ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics the only GPU in this PC?
I understand that you see the UI controls on the caption bar of the client window (only video is black)?
Yes, the only one
Yes, only the video is black
Hi again,

ATI Radeon 3000 does not fully support Direct3D 11. The new client introduced in 1.12.0 uses NV12 textures and they are not supported on this GPU in your PC. That is why using 1.11.4 works (the old Direct3D 9 base client is fully compatible with this GPU).
We will try to make some improvements but for the time being please use 1.11.4 on this particular PC.
Okay, thanks for the advice and help

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Please make sure to use the new version that will be uploaded later today as we have found and fixed some critical problems (with black screen in other situations).

AAAnton1337

Hi Anton,

Can you please install 1.12.1 once again on the PC with Radeon 3000 and replace the AVEngine.dll file with this one:

This should detect that the GPU does not have full D3D11.1 support and use D3D9 for decoding/rendering.

Thank you!
Hi
It so happened that I didn't receive a notification and didn't see this message in time, so the link doesn't work and I can't download the file
Can you send a new working link?
I just updated it to 1.12.2 already because I missed 12.1 and the same error occurred again