Direct connection via VPN

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Why are these packet so small in your Wireshark screen (74 bytes...)??? How is this possible. Something's not correct here. They should be ~MTU size.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
I think something on our side does not detect that with VPN it is the same setup and uses the global IP.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you vamp! This is something important and needs further investigation. Now we need the same setup here.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Last question. When you see these strange things in Wireshark does the connection work?

vamp

Last question. When you see these strange things in Wireshark does the connection work?

If i try it via VPN, only Connect Anywhere connect working. I get strange wireshark results.

If i try to connect locally, i get similar wireshark result with you.

vamp

Ok now I know everything. It this is a bug it will be fixed ASAP.

Thanks for that.

One thing that not connect this theme, but good to know.

Bitdefender are say that this file Remotly_x86.bin is malicious. I send it this file to bitdefender that analize it, because i think it false positive.

If your company have a direct access to bitdefender, good that you also report this false positive, that make the test faster.

Advanced Threat Control has blocked a process that has been detected as malicious.Process path: C:\Users\nsuto\AppData\Local\Mirillis\Remotly\Remotly_x86.bin. Threat name: ATC.SuspiciousBehavior.F9B8A3236D23F377.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
We are using VMProtect for these two .bin files (to protect against reverse engineering).

vamp

Yes i see it, it is a reason that i send it to Bitdefender, furter analize.

I get this:

1688314809417.png

Last edited:

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Super strange. It shows as clean in defender here locally. I think they flag files that are obfuscated.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
BTW. We have government users that are switching from Teamviewer and Anydesk and I think their admins would notify us about this.

vamp

Yeah I totaly shure that is false positive. But need to report it to bitdefender, because I can not use it my Windows notebook, that use bitdefender 😊

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
Ok we know what is the problem. It's the ping that is not working for mobile device (no response). Someone made an assumption that it will always work in local network. We need to add a "backup" UDP ping.