Launching Remotly in Hyper-V VM cause the ENTIRE PC to crash

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
YES!!! Please disable it! This will use the cloud server for connection (probably the one in Amsterdam which is closest to you as the one in Paris is not running yet).

Please check the screen below with description what to do to force P2P:

Desktop 5-9-2023 2-06-46 PM-832.png

Make sure to set "Force Connect Anywhere" to "no". Each connection to different devices has it's own set of settings.
If you have it already set to "no" then there is another problem that the physical machine to VM connection cannot connect in P2P and will switch to Cloud streaming automatically.
BTW. Never use the "Compatibility mode" for gaming... this option is only intended for remote support companies who connect to some old PCs that have drivers outdated and cannot use HW acceleration and performance optimizations.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
ca.png

You should not never see this icon (marked with the red arrow) during P2P connections. When this icon is visible it means that cloud streaming is used.

ClémentRED

"Force Connect Anywhere" is off and I have this icon. But it seems enabling custom P2P ports without changing anything worked and is really P2P. when disabled, it come back to connect anywhere.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
(y) Sometimes using the P2P inbound/outbound ports in Remotly Settings on PC will help. But I also had to set some things on the router to make it work for me.
BTW, You can also set the outbound port on the Remotly for Android app, also in the Settings (I'm using this option from my home to connect to games running in our labs via P2P).

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
We have just done some tests:
1. Connect from one PC running some old GTX to a PC with AMD RX5700 using P2P.
2. First test was to connect to VM on the PC with RX5700 the lag is minimal but the video is not smooth ;/ It looks around 30-40fps (similar effect is visible without connection just using the desktop on the VM, dragging windows around is jerky and not fluid)
3. The same test to physical machine with RX5700... no lags and smooth video @60fps

ClémentRED

I tried to connect to my PC having a GTX 1080 Ti with my pretty old laptop and when in "quality mode" i have >1s latency ! even when in performance mode it's unplayable and do a huge visual glitch where everything is some random color every x seconds for a few seconds ...
With Intel quicksync decoder or something ... And I can't send you an image of the bug for some reason

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
1s in the same network? That's hard to imagine even with SW video decoding. Can you let me know what Intel GPU is in the old laptop?
1s lag could happen when connecting using Connect Anywhere via Singapore or Sydney...

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
I'm always using an Android phone with Remotly app to double check connection quality if a problem between PC to PC connection is visible.

mirillis

Administrator
Staff member
I think our Game Virtualization Technology will give much better results soon. This technology will allow connecting and controlling any game remotely and use the same PC by another person at the same time.